Kirkcaldy Rugby Football Club – Head Coach Job Advertisement
Kirkcaldy Rugby Football Club has ambitious plans to be a centre of sporting excellence for the Fife community and to develop the club at all levels of Rugby from 1st XV down to mini rugby. Stage one of this plan focuses on Senior Rugby and we are advertising for the position of Head Coach to work with the committee and the senior teams to support and attain our short term objective of finishing the 2013/2014 season in the top half of the league.
The position would be part time with evening and weekend work involved. The contract would begin on 1st June and run for 9 months.
We are looking for someone with strong leadership skills, excellent communications skills and experience of coaching / playing rugby at a suitable senior level.
Roles & Responsibilities – Senior Teams
- Lead the coaching teams responsible for senior squad and U18’s
- Develop the skills of the players and develop high performing teams by running challenging, active and effective coaching sessions
- Plan the coaching programme for the season
- Evaluate all coaching sessions and games with coaching team and players
- Attend all coaching sessions and matches with senior squad
- Attend KRFC Committee meetings as required
- Attract and recruit new players to KRFC
Roles & Responsibilities – Coach Development
- Recruit assistant coach
- Develop key coaching skills amongst coaches at all levels
- Conduct regular review of the coaching ability at all levels in the club and support on-going coach development
- Mentor and advise coaches and players within the club to support on-going development
- Skills & Qualifications UKCC Level 2 minimum, UKCC Level 3 Preferable or working towards
Leadership and Vision – the Club has ambitions to be a centre of sporting excellence for the Fife Community and provide excellent rugby training and facilities from the 1st XV down. The Head Coach will role model strong leadership behaviours, contributing to club plans, and lead the senior teams and coaches to deliver these plans.
Drive and Determination – when the going gets tough, the Head Coach will remain focused on supporting the senior teams and coaches to deliver great results on the pitch.
Commitment and Enthusiasm – although the role is part time there is a significant time commitment including evening and weekend work.
Teamwork – developing an ethos of high performance in every training session and every game the Head Coach will develop and build players to contribute to a successful team. The team ethos will include all players, coaches, supporters, youth and the committee and the Head Coach will be a strong advocate of the KRFC team.
Delegation – the Head Coach will delegate effectively to the assistant coach(es) to benefit from their expertise and develop their skills, knowledge and ability.
Planning – the Head Coach is directly responsible for planning the coaching sessions for the season and support the development of coaches at all levels.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and a cover letter detailing why you believe you have the skills, knowledge, drive and experience to be our Head Coach to:
Derek Harper, Kirkcaldy Rugby Football Club, Beveridge Park, Kirkcaldy, Fife, KY2 5LT