The Blues 2’s arrived in Broughty Ferry for this fixture having made some last- minute changes to the planned line up.

The Blues 2’s set out with a great spirit and battled a very good Panmure side. It was fully 4 minutes played before the Blues 2’s had actual possession of the ball as the home side came out with all guns blazing and the strong wind at their backs. 

As the visitors settled into the game they unfortunately toiled in the early exchanges, failing to pick up strong running opponents and making decisive tackles which proved costly and they found themselves 14-0 down after 15 minutes.

Battling the wind, Kirkcaldy 2’s tended to exert lots of energy running laterally and failing to penetrate the home sides defensive line and periods of possession resulted in very little reward.

Panmure picked the visitors off again following some poor defensive work and another converted try meant it was 21-0 to Panmure.

The Blues 2’s took the game back to Panmure and some ground was made with some effective pick and go tactics but sadly it was the home side that struck again following a howler in the lineout that allowed the home side to basically run through the assembled players and score another try, duly converted it was 28-0.

The visitors immediately took the game back to the home side and after some sustained pressure Panmure picked up a yellow card for repeated offside as Kirkcaldy 2’s rolled forward with some determination.

A clever grubber kick from Mark Love found Stuart Henderson and Blues 2’s scored a well worked try in the corner, sadly unconverted but having said that it was a super kick against the wind which just fell short.   H.T. 28 -5

At the start of the second half 14 man Panmure scored out wide and converted to make it 35-5, within minutes Kirkcaldy 2’s had struck back following some great work and no little effort with Stevie Mitchell scoring under the posts. A converted try from Ross Sinclair made it 35-12.

A further setback to the visitors occurred in a collision between Lee Jansen and Gary Ritchie resulted in both coming off and further changes made. Panmure capitalised on the disruption in the line- up and scored a converted try to make it 42-12, which was harsh on the visitors given the effort being made in the second half.

The hard- working Tommy Muir came off to allow Lee Jansen to return to the game as Kirkcaldy 2’s regained some shape and pressurised the home side.

The impressive Stuart Henderson scored his second try of the day after jinking through the Panmure defensive line and Ross Sinclair slotted home the conversion confidently. 42-19.

As the teams tired into the final 10 minutes, the visitors looked far more dangerous than the home side and a bonus point try was secured by Alex Thomson as the visitors dominated the closing minutes of the game, another converted try by Ross Sinclair made it 42-26.

Some real character shown today by Kirkcaldy 2’s following a shaky start in very windy conditions against a very strong Panmure side, securing a bonus point and some credit in defeat.